Duke of Kent

Bikes: Yeti ASRc, Focus Raven 29er, Flyxii FR316

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cyclologist
nice.

Not too far from what I expected when I joined D's last Spring, although to my surprise, I made out at the end without having witnessed a single crash in the D's (although Breezy mentioned having been in one a weekend or two prior). Perhaps those who rode D's were such noobs (including myself) that they were fearful of crashing and rode more conservatively. As an example, at the Midwest regionals crit last season crashes didn't occur in succession until the B's went out.
You should have seen the Ds the year before. Actually, all in all, there were VERY few crashes this year. The only crashes I saw in the As were people taking solo flyers, carrying too much speed into corners, and washing out. I saw many in the As and Cs the year before, and was involved in three (3) in the Bs. I think JK went down twice and JM at least once. JC ate it in the womens a couple of times last year as well.

Perhaps the general absence of IU had a calming effect. And then, when they showed up for regionals, bad things happened.