View Single Post
Old 10-24-07, 04:26 PM
awetmore

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by makingmark
Alex - just missed your post. Thanks for addressing that very specific question. Particularly adding that you can still roll the bike while "showercapped" - that's cool.

I don't suppose you commute with the bike and roll it folded regularly?
I don't. I take a bus as part of my commute. There are two route options that I use, one of which is very busy (Sound Transit 545) and taking a folded bike onto the bus sometimes means that a walk on passenger won't fit. It is almost always standing room only by the time I get on. So I tend to use full size bikes for my commute. I also have good bike parking at work.

The Tikit gets used when I'm travelling or when I'm riding to meet my wife somewhere. The fast folding makes it easy to put it into the car. As an example my last Tikit ride was on Saturday where I rode to a friends house in Greenwood. My wife met me there a couple of hours later and we went to a different friends house in Queen Anne, then went home. With the Tikit I don't need to put the roof rack on the car and bother taking the bike on and off of the car.

I've only commuted on it a couple of times.

alex