View Single Post
Old 07-29-04, 04:18 PM
Nate

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nihonjin
I've been searching the internet for cateye micro CC-6000 bike computer instructions but it only gives me the new wireless stuff and the downloadable instruction pages dont show up on my computer. can someone tell me how do install this thing.
I'll give it a shot. The computer comes with a mounting bracket for the computer on the handlebar and two sensors. The sensor furthest from the computer mounting bracket attaches to the left chain stay and works in conjunction with a magnet attached to the spokes of the rear wheel. Make sure that the magnet and sensor are close enough to each other for the sensor to register ever time the back wheel rotates, but not so close that the two rub together when the wheel flexes. The other sensor measures your cadence and it also attaches to the left chain stay and works with a magnet attached to the inside of your left crank. Adjust the placement until your cadence registers on the computer when you turn the cranks. Now attach the mounting bracket and the computer to your handlebars. From here you should be good to go.

Oh, one last thing. You may need to calibrate the computer by adjusting the computers setting. To do this switch the computer over to the odometer setting. Then, simultaneously, push the two buttons on the front of the computer and the button on the back. The screen should change and you will see a number. The number is the circumference of your tire in centimeters. Adjust as needed and then save the value.

Good luck!