Thread: Seeking advice
View Single Post
Old 10-27-07, 07:42 PM
ithinkican

Bikes: still deciding -- it will be a holiday gift to myself!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Seeking advice

Hi everyone! I feel like the "Little Engine that Could" -- hence my screen name. I don't think I've been on a bike in 30 years but I'm going to give it a try. I have an opportunity to own either a 2007 Trek Navigator 2.0 WSD or a 2007 Trek 7200 WSD lowstep. I have read a lot here on the forums -- even though the bikes have several different attributes, many opinions seem to consider these bikes as very similar in comfort and purpose.

Trust me -- at this moment I can't imagine riding 5 miles, let alone building up to any cross country endurance or racing trials. I will be riding on my neighborhood paved and somewhat to moderately hilly streets and bike paths for sometime to come. Mostly I would like to add some exercise to my basically sedentary life style. Okay -- I am 61 but not in terrible shape -- average height, 112 pounds, non-smoker, confident riding a bike is something my body will remember how to do.

I am leaning toward the Navigator. It seems to be the one on which I will feel the most confident, the most secure, and in the most control. What I would not necessarily want to do is compromise quality for the sake of "comfort" if both bikes offer a similar level of "rideability" and the 7200 is made of finer tuned parts.

I would love to hear any and all of your opinions, insights, pros and cons about these two Trek models. Thanks so much!!

I guess I should introduce myself a bit more. I live in Scottsdale, AZ -- lots of great biking weather here! When I am not thinking about getting some exercise I am sitting at my Mac doing graphic design, or volunteering my PR skills, or reading, or traveling or visiting my grand kids on the East Coast or hopping a plane to Vegas.

Looking forward to sharing and your support -- I think I can, I think I can . . . . .

P.S. I feel I may have hijacked the Intro Section by asking for advice -- I have posted my requests in the 50 + section as well.

Last edited by ithinkican; 10-28-07 at 09:16 AM.