Old 07-30-04, 10:15 PM
countryrider
in the middle of nowhere

Bikes: 2005 Trek 1000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I am 18. I have no bike computer or odometer since I don't have a lot of money. I did find out that the loop I ride is 23.6 miles with my car though. The terrain has two larger climbs one is an extremely steep grade, but because it is on a backroad it's never been measured. That is about .5 miles. The other hill is slightly lighter, but it is a longer stretch at 2.4 miles. I do both uphill (my house is in a place where everything kind of drops off to become level), because of the way I do the loop. About 1/3 of the loop is full of rolling hills. Another 2/5 is pretty flat with a few long inclines, no big deal. One sprint because of a few unchained, unchecked dogs. I could stare them down, but what's the fun in that? That's about all. I do that loop in just a shade under an hour with average winds. No wind, it's about 5-10 minutes faster, and with high wind it's only 5 minutes slower. I lose that 5 minutes almost all on the rolling hills. I don't know how strong of a rider I am. I just know that my friends despise riding with me, because they can't keep up on hills, and lose even more time on flat lands.