View Single Post
Old 07-31-04, 12:26 PM
Raiyn
I drink your MILKSHAKE

Bikes: 2003 Specialized Rockhopper FSR Comp, 1999 Specialized Hardrock Comp FS, 1971 Schwinn Varsity

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Phiber
I own an '04 Marin Nail Trail. As for the dérailleurs, I looked at the prices online yesterday and found XTR's to be around 80 bucks a unit. 160 for front and back isn't bad at all. I would then swap my current components over to either my girls Haro or my Bolinas Ridge. That's also what I plan on doing with the fork as well. I rode my BR yesterday after my buddy wiped out, to make sure it was still kosher (and after he slipped the chain) and it was night and day! I didn't realize it was such a dramatic difference until then! Thanks all for your help, it is much appreciated. I am leaning towards rock shox. Any opinions on riser bars? I am looking at a couple carbon fiber pieces, but I was wondering about their durability.
This is what I run http://www.maxmcomponents.com/pages/handlebars.html I use their MX-5 on my trail bike and I have the MX-6 on my commuter. They are the only carbon bars I trust at my size due to their internal (read Kevlar) reinforcing structure. The fact that they have a Lifetime warranty doesn't hurt matters either.