View Single Post
Old 10-29-07, 12:17 PM
dirtbikedude
Gravity Is Yer Friend

Bikes: Scott Gambler, Scott Ransom, Kona Bear, Bianchi 928 Carbon/Chorus, C'Dale Rize4

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nycphotography
Actually, you have that reversed.

The XC bike will be steeper in the front, shorter wheel base and quicker handling (in order to dance nimbly picking a line between and around big crap).

The Downhill bike will have a lower bottom bracket, longer wheel base, less steep in the front, and slower handling (in order to track straight over big crap without deflecting).

An All Mountain bike will be somewhere between the two. The Enduro SL can move the shock mount to raise the bottom bracket and steepen the front end for a more XC geometry. it's still way longer and more relaxed than say an FSRXC.
You misunderstood what I was saying. I was not talking about wheel base, head angle, etc, I was referring to the riding position. A xc bike has a longer effective top tube so the distance from the seat to the bars is a longer reach putting you in a more "roadie" position. Whereas all-mountain, freeride and dh will have a shorter effective top tube and a more upright position.

DBD