View Single Post
Old 11-05-07, 05:09 AM
volpi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mario V
I am glad you got your new ride running as it should.

I am about to order the new C'dale road 2. Justr curious how do you like yours so far. ( other than than the initial fork issue)
I have had an old cannondale road tandem ( 1990 ) and i have used it with great satisfaction. Not race , only audax,long distance and touring.It was very stable , sure , reliable and enough confortable. I have done a lot of km. and the only problems were two times in the looooong descents in the Alps ( too much warm in the front wheel with canti brakes ).
The new 08 road tandem has only 250 km , but the first impression on road( saturday a very hilly ride of 170 km) is good. It seems more nervous and stiff than the old ; perhaps it is an impression or the different wheels , but it is really a pleasure to go " en danseuse " when we go up the hills.
Also the Avid mec.disk brakes are good ; but we do not test them in the highest mountains ( now there is the snow). I am sure that it''will be necessary however to pay attention in the long descents also with the Avid disk brakes instead of the old canti brakes.
Francesco