Old 11-07-07, 12:19 PM
tarwheel 

Bikes: Waterford RST-22, Bob Jackson World Tour, Ritchey Breakaway Cross, Soma Saga, De Bernardi SL, Specialized Sequoia

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
I've been using a Fenix L2D flashlight mounted to my handlebars for about 3 weeks now. They mistakenly sent me the CE version, although I had ordered the Premium, so I was able to compare both models. The CE light quality is much "whiter" while the Premium has a yellowish cast, but the Premium is definitely brighter. I have no trouble at all using the Fenix as my sole commuting light, and I don't even use it on turbo mode. Generally I run it on the 2nd or 3rd level of brightness in the non-turbo mode. I've mounted the flashlight to my handlebar using a Twofish Lockblock. One of the real advantage to the Fenix is being able to remove it and switch to another bike very easily and quickly. It is also very, very light. I had been using a Cygolite Niterover that I bought years ago and was very reliable, but the Fenix is much brighter, lighter and has a longer run time for comparable levels of brightness. If I needed another light, I might get another one to mount on my helmet, but I have no trouble seeing with the one light.