Old 11-11-07, 05:45 PM
Nola_Gal

Bikes: Cannondale CAAD9 5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well, thanks for letting me get that off my chest! I feel better now

I looked at the Park Tools site and at Sheldon Brown's site and was able to adjust the limit screws to at least get it to shift to the large crank without any rub. It's still not shifting back and forth properly, but it's a start. I lowered the seat a bit as well and took it out for a little spin. Did I mention that this bike is FAST! I mean, even with me in the saddle, I can feel how fast it wants to go!

So, unless I can get it working tonight (the tough part is I don't have a stand), I still want them to take the time to do it right. Giving them the benefit of the doubt, and in the interest of inner peace, I've decided to list a few things that I LIKE about this particular bike shop...

1. They are three blocks from my house.
2. The people working there are generally friendly.
3. They didn't try to put me on an old lady's bike.
4. They steered me to a racing bike!

The last two are probably what accounts for a lot of my anxiety about the bike as well as my excitement. This bike will take some getting used to for me. I'll have to move the seat level back up slowly as I get used to the position and I might even put an adjustable stem on it for a while until I develop some core muscle strength but, that's to be expected. In the end, I will be riding a hot bike!

And, did I mention, it's white???