View Single Post
Old 08-06-04, 10:31 AM
foehn

Location: The Alta Loma area of Rancho Cucamonga. About 45 miles east of Los Angeles, California. Uphill, downhill and across hill riding; not too level!
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by late
Hi,
I tighened up my shoes a bit too much Monday. Since then a spot on my foot has been tender. I have a 40-45 mile rode manana, and want to clear it up. It's
an inch back of the big toe. I can do calf raises fine, it's the pressure from the shoe on it when I walk that causes discomfort. Any suggestions for healing it up? Thx!
Maybe this will help:

Sometimes when I get new glasses, I will get spots behind my ears that are contacting the earpieces of the glasses in the wrong way, and I will get sore spots.

I find that rubbing the sore spots (think rubbing massage) seems to bring blood to the area and relieves the pain. I do this as often as possible and find that I have rubbed enough when I forget to rub--the pain has gone away .

Rub the sore spot on your foot firmly and with a little friction as frequently as you can, at least for a minute or two an hour if you can till you go to bed tonight. It shouldn't hurt anything and it will feel good (or at least better) if you are doing it right.