Old 11-21-07, 01:09 PM
stea1thviper

Bikes: custom built roadie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jkizzle
getting close to a year now, ive raced informal stuff, but havnt done a crit yet or any really big formal mass starts (just doin what i can without a liscense for now ). for some reason there arnt a whole lot of crits around me it seems, everything is road races since its pretty rural. i got into racing towards the end of the season though too- cx and mtnbiking is big here too and so the focus really shifts to that at the end of summer.

im confident in handling with a group and most paceline tactics (my team is small so i doubt ill need much in the college d's anyway - we might field 2 other guys in that division).

i guess more than anything im looking for sprint technique. ill try that book soon too.
considering your background, i would not worry about sprint technique for now. you could definitely better spend your time working on base/threshold at this time of the year. and while there are many people who would advocate higher intensity training during the off season (partially including me), you will be racing for your first time next season. believe me your sprint technique wont be what holds u back. i was like you and did TONS of research on race tactics and such before my first race. during my first race however i didnt know what the hell was going on. there's just too much to take in and process. the learning curve is quick tho, so dont worry and have fun.

on a sidenote, it looks like you'll be racing with us in the MWCCC. always nice to see more ppl get out and race and ill most likely see you around at one of the races. since you've been riding for about a year though, i HIGHLY reccommend starting in the C's. D's is not worth anyone's time if you know how to ride in a group IMO.