View Single Post
Old 11-21-07, 10:06 PM
Soloist Assassin
Banned

Bikes: 2011 Cervelo S2, 2001Trek USPS 5200, 06 Cervelo P3 Alum, 1999 Schwinn Pro Stock BMX, 1987 Schwinn Traveler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Racing with a computer

How many of you guys race with a computer on the bike. I was thinking about this the other day when I got my new computer. It is a Garmin 205. It has plenty of data logging to help my training, but I was wondering if it is really needed in a race. I mean in a race sure it is nice to know how fast you are going, but really all I need to know is who is in front, and in back, if they are closing, or if I am, and how hard I am working, and how much left I have in me. The computer tells me none of that. The nice thing is, the Garmin is easy on, easy off. I can easily take it off for races. Then I can save 88g without it. I am a weight weenie, yes I know. Besides that the bike would be slightly more aero. I strive for every advantage I can get so I am thinking the computer is dead weight, and aerodynamically inefficient. Anyone else ever ponder this, or anyone out there race computerless?