Old 11-26-07, 05:37 PM
Tude 
Blasted Weeds

Bikes: Trek 1200C, Specialized Rockhopper, Giant Yukon FX, Giant Acapulco

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
My Club, Rochester Bicycling Club hands "Street Smarts" out to all new members. In fact John Allen (author) came to two year's ago Crit. I caught him yelling at some racers warming up on the street - and then traveling down an abandoned sidewalk - but behind John - telling them to get on the road.

I've actually changed some of commute to sidewalk for a block or two - and I'm NOT a person to ride sidewalks believe me - but going by an expressway entrance in the morning with three lanes potentially riding beside you - just sucks. Nope I'm going to feel safe - and sidewalks carry their own perils as well! As soon as I'm by the big nasty - I hop the sidewalk and get back into traffic.

As a bicyclist - you will, unfortunately run into this stuff. I don't foresee it stopping, even though I, and other people, clubs, organizations campaign for driver awareness of bicyclists rights to the road --- sigh, especially when the "new" generation rolls down the window and a 5 yr old kid blats out to get on the sidewalk.

Nice.

Just stay true, stick to your guns, develop a hard exterior and don't give them what they want (a response - however, I must say - it does freaking feel good to let it allllll hang out - JERKS!) -- but most of all - be safe. You do NOT know what that driver may be packing - or how full of rage they are. Hang in there!