Thread: Qualty wheels
View Single Post
Old 11-27-07, 12:41 PM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by The Smokester View Post
stapfam,
What Ultegras are they? I have the ones with 16 radial aero spokes on the front and twenty on the back (3 cross DS and radial NDS) with an asymmetric rim. Pretty cool. Oh yeah, and the spoke nipples are in the hub so as to reduce rotating mass (so they say).
Sounds the same as mine. 16 front and 20 rear spokes with the same hubs. No pic but Probike have these wheels on sale at

http://www.probikekit.com/display.php?code=w1029

I am a believer in Hand built wheels and when I got the Giant- I was not happy with the wheels. I got my wheel builder to set up a pair for me of 105 hubs-Mavic CXP33 rims and 36 spokes. As he said- These wheels wil last me out and they are a big improvement over the OM wheels. When I got the Boreas frame and started sorting the bits to go on- He immediately offered me a pair he had bought and selected and tweaked and were a very good pair of wheels. He sorted these wheels for his own bike and spent a lot of time in trueing- Lightening and getting the bearings to run smooth. He got them all ready to fit to his bike- only to find that they were 10 speed only and he runs 9 speed on all his bikes. I got them at his cost price- but he did say that they were a good set of wheels. I believe him.

And motorad- Padded shorts are not that cushioning. Can't really recommend a saddle to help you either but if you do have Derriere problems- Look at a suspension seat post to take the sting out of Rough riding. I only use one on the Tandem but for that little bit of cushioning- this might be the way to investigate. Unfortunately- cheap suspension posts are more trouble than they are worth but pic of the type I use and they do make a road version aswell with shorter travel
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Cluster.jpg (23.6 KB, 8 views)
Frontend.jpg (40.2 KB, 9 views)
thudb.jpg (68.3 KB, 8 views)

Spike Milligan