Old 11-28-07, 07:38 AM
Sammyboy
The Legitimiser

Bikes: Gazelle Trim Trophy, EG Bates Track Bike, HR Bates Cantiflex bike, Nigel Dean fixed gear conversion, Raleigh Royal, Falcon Westminster.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Well, the thing that puts us off coffee is that the brew time is so much higher. Technically, the only way to operate something like this is under a "peddlars license". That means you can only stop to serve one customer at a time, and then must keep moving. In reality, you'll usually get away with being somewhere for 15 mins or so, perhaps a little longer sometimes. Tea can be a "grab and go" thing - teabag in the cup, water in the cup, hand them a stirrer, and buh-bye. With coffee, you've got to deal with a press, and the time you wait for it to brew, and cleaning. Instant would be an option, but really, in this day and age, who is going to pay for a cup of instant coffee? I'm liking your other ideas a lot. I'm not sure that completely replacing the box with a custom fabrication is going to be feasible though, at least at first, purely from a cost/time point of view. I like the idea of scones and muffins, providing there's really room to make that work. Overcrowding could make it unnappealing. The umbrella is a definite requirement - i can find some way of mounting it folded I'm sure.