Old 11-28-07, 04:11 PM
TonyCtattoo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by velocycling
"Take this for example:
If I go out to the bar with friends, if they get wasted, and I am not, I can drive them home. With out a license I wouldn't be able to do that(legally)."

Ever hear of a taxi?

You can what if forever, but beleive it or not people somehow survived for millions of years without a driver's licence.

When I was in the Army, they wanted me to get a military driver's licence so I coiuld drive Army trucks only in case of emergencies. I failed the driving test. Why, because I was not ever going to be stuck in some motor pool. It was OK. People have a way of adapting to the situation at hand.
you take for granted that everyone everywhere has the same luxuries as you do. throught the mid west and central US taxies are limited to very large cities . where I live it cost 200 dollars for a taxi to come pick you up because it has to come from the nearest big city and you have to pay in advance over the phone with a credit card. and you go a few miles north and most people there have never seen a taxi in real life.

not everyone is like you and was raised in the perfect enviroment for license free life.

and once again the alternative to living here is to move which includes driving or paying a moving company to move your stuff and around here they have a 2000 dollar minimum for moving things out of the city