View Single Post
Old 12-02-07, 10:21 PM
Halthane

Bikes: 2001 Giant OCR w/105-10spd, Schwinn High-Plains Built for Commute plus 3 Others in Various Stages of Rebuild/Repair

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ChunkyB
I don't have much experience with it, but I'm pretty sure you have to pack the bearings in the bottom bracket with grease. I definitely wouldn't try to do that myself, so that's understandable. It seems like that would be an easy part to mess up, and it could have pretty bad consequences. Good luck, and be sure to post some sexy pics when it's all done. I've never seen that frame before, so I'm excited to see some actual pictures of it.
Not likely. Will most likely be using cartridge or external bearing bb. The thing I'd recomend having them do is actually the headset especially as that one is an integrated headset. BBs are easy.

Out of curiosity what group are you planning on putting on it?

Be aware that you will very likely spend substantially more money buying a frame, groupset, wheels, stem, bars, and etc than buying a production bike. The Experience of building and learning to maintain your bike is worth something but keep this in mind as well.

Honestly, if you are going to shell out that kind of cash, I'd take a long hard look at the cervelo soloist you were looking at last week, I'd put money on it being a better bike (quite a bit of money actually).