Old 12-04-07, 08:40 PM
evblazer
Thread Killer

Bikes: Fuji Touring Xtracycle, Merlin Road, Bacchetta Giro 26 (Sold), Challenge Hurricane, Cruzbike Sofrider

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I cheated on my xtracycle with a giro 26 :-(

The shame! A commuter/touring recumbent which I now sqeeze under the wieght limit with my weight loss.

My poor bike. How will I ever explain. It looks so sad

I've been looking for a little light duty alternate/spare bike specifically cross bike. I tried a fuji cross pro and it didn't feel any different then my xtracycle for the short ride I was allowed to take and little quicker off the start and lighter to carry but that was most of the difference.

I used to ride a recumbent BikeE and still have it with it's cracked seat but it is waaaay too slow and upright. A few mph slower then my 75lb xtracycle and I just can't climb in the bikeE well even spinning. (67 if you subtract bag/clothes/lunch for commute). But the giro just felt really fast even with platforms and it took bad pavement really well. I'm going to ride my xtracycle over on saturday and they are going to let me take the giro for a nice long multi hour ride with my own pedals and such to get a better feel for it.

Anyone commute day to day on a giro 26 or other recumbent on rough roads? It'll definately be a different ride and different muscles for my 42 mile round trip commute. Front and rear lights, fenders, reflective tape and a small tail bag would be it though. No racks or anything.