Allister
Devilmaycare Cycling Fool

Bikes: 1998 Cannondale F700

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Helmet Head
Another incident with a harassing motorist???

I'm sure the frequency with which this happens to you has nothing to do with your behavior, Beck.
You just don't ride often enough on busy enough roads to see much of this. Of course it's inconceivable to you that the motorist might have the behavioural problems

Originally Posted by Helmet Head
Seriously, based on your response to the poll up in A&S, where you said you don't care how long motorists have to wait behind you, I suspect you're not paying much attention to them, or how your behavior is affecting them, and this "I don't give a ***** about you" attitude (because, let's be frank, you don't) is probably being conveyed to them, one way or another. Perhaps lane positioning, perhaps body language, perhaps a lack of behavior. It's impossible to know from this armchair. But I'm fairly certain that you could probably make a few adjustments in attitude and therefore behavior that should result in much less harassment. But you have to want to do that, and I don't think you do.
In this case he was holding the speed limit. Any cars being 'held up' would have to be trying to exceed the speed limit. As far as I'm concerned such people can get stuffed. They are the ones that need to adjust their attitude.

Bek was riding exactly as you would've been, Serge, and you still insist he was the one doing something wrong? The simple fact is that some drivers are just angry idiots. If you haven't encountered any of them, you're not riding enough.