View Single Post
Old 12-09-07, 04:03 AM
cyclistjohn

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vekling
Maybe they have improved steering but the version I tested, forgot to ask if it was Strida 2 or 3 cause I didn't know of different versions but to try to ride it was core. I fell every three meters. I never managed to keep balance on it at slow speed.

gizmag.com write about strida as if newly launced on the market. Looks really odd. They could report on Carryme instead. Or any other new bike. BF Tikit or Mercedes or many others.
Vekling,

that doesn't seem to be a general reported reaction to riding a Strida, so maybe there was a problem with that bike.

If you have time, take a look at the Singapore Strida forum, for many positive reports from new & old Strida rider owners, covering the 3.x & 5 models.

My recumbent has a front wheel the same size, 305, as the Strida, & it's more "twitchy" at low speeds than the Strida. We can "crawl" along shared paths with our Strida 3's, with no low speed problems. When people try our Stridas (frequently in Summer) they usually initially wobble, but that disappears after several seconds. If the rider is a youngster but tall enough to ride it, (s)he's adept immediately.

I briefly test rode a Carry Me a few weeks ago on a flat, indoor track, & liked it, although I was bent down too much, so the steering tube would need to be higher for me. The only problem I see for us owning one might be restricted places to use it, as we frequently ride the Stridas (& my recumbent with 305, 406 wheels) along canal towpaths & forest parks, where the surface is poor, which the 305 wheels cope with just fine, but I'm unsure how well the tiny Carry Me wheels would cope. There's also the comfort issue with such tiny wheels over poor ground for several miles..... I doubt a dealer would allow a test over rough ground. I have read a positive report form a Carry Me owner riding over a less than perfect surface, but it's hard to know just how imperfect ;-)

Also punctures are fairly frequent here, so I must find out how easy it is to change a rear tube & refit it on a Carry Me.