View Single Post
Old 12-09-07, 04:57 PM
ang1sgt

Bikes: 88 Fisher Gemini tandem, 92 Trek 970, 07 Nashbar Frame, 08 Gary Fisher Paragon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Is that you FINAL answer?

Well,

After much thought and careful consideration I have decided what "THE" bike for me to be riding in 2008 will be.

The card please...

The 2008 Gary Fisher Paragon 29'r

I looked over the specs on every Trek, Fisher, and Bianchi I could get my hands on. I was NOT going to buy into Trek's 69'r notion of having a front 29 and a rear 26 inch tire. The Bianchi's were close, real close to getting the nod. There was one other Fisher I liked and that was the new Hifi 29'r Deluxe. I just don't want the maintenance issues with a full suspension, so the Paragon is nearly the same specs as the Hifi.

Some will be upset that my Roadie spirit lost out to my MTB roots. That would be a true statement. But you need to factor in all the work locally being done to open riding trails to MTB's. It's an incredible change from 20 years ago.

So, if all goes well, the order and payment goes out tomorrow and if the cards fall right, I could be riding this weekend! Pictures will follow to be sure.

Chris

P.S. Upgrades are already forth coming!