Old 12-13-07, 12:19 PM
matthew_deaner

Bikes: Trek 5200

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by CliftonGK1
Due to monetary constraints, I'm starting out with the LHT complete build and adjusting appropriately with different stem, bars, levers, seatpost, etc. as necessary. If a different fork is needed due to the stock fork coming pre-cut and possibly being too short, then I can look into a different fork initially. I will keep the fork swap in mind since I do use a h'bar bag. Right now I'm not very happy with the mounting of the bag I have because it sits too high. In looking at most brevet bikes, h'bar bags are mounted low with the top of the bag just coming even with the top of the bars. I have a small platform front rack I'll be transferring to the bike, and I believe I can use an accessory mount like the Spacebar to lower the mounting point where the h'bar bag will also rest on the front rack for added stability.

I'll make sure to mention it if it's not part of the system. The Serotta fit uses video analysis of ride position against wireframe models, so I'm almost certain shoe inserts and/or pedal spacers are taken into consideration.
The stock LHT now comes with an uncut fork. The fork was cut on the first batch of LHT completes, but not any more, unless the LBS does it.

I have a LHT, and IMO, it's a little more bike then I would want to use for long-distance events. It's great at what it's designed to do (loaded touring) but is a bit heavy for general LD riding. And I'm not into the wide-ratio cassette that is supplied with the stock bike. It's great for touring in hilly terrain, but the wide ratios make the bike less than ideal for riding in a group, especially a paceline. But don't get me wrong, the LHT is a fantastic bike. It's just very purpose-oriented.