Old 12-25-07, 01:42 AM
TrevorInSoCal

Bikes: IRO Jamie Roy (fixed-gear commuter), Gary Fisher Rig 29er SS, Trek Madone 5.5, Specialized Allez Comp, Marin Mt. Vision Pro, Specialized M2 Hardtail, beater Nishiki fixed-gear conversion, Gary Fisher Rig 29er SS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My brother is getting one of my spare mtn. bikes, a Marin Mt. Vision Pro. I haven't ridden a geared bike off-road, in a 3 or 4 years, and it seems foolish to have a perfectly good bike sitting unridden in the garage, so it might as well go to someone who will get some enjoyment out of it.

It's a few years old, but is a pretty good bike (Full XTR, 4" front/rear travel, ~26 lbs.), and he's a starving student (Well, starving Postdoc as of early January.), so an upgrade to the latest and greatest probably isn't in his budget. This will at least be an improvement over the current ride.

Seemed a little bit cheesy to just clean out my garage for Christmas gifts though, so I picked up a nice bottle of scotch (Ardbeg) too. We both share an appreciation for single malts and singletrack.

Don't fret ME, we'll wait 'til *after* the ride to enjoy the scotch.