View Single Post
Old 12-27-07, 04:23 PM
Abneycat
Hooligan

Location: Base of the Rocky Mountains, Canada. Wonderous things!

Bikes: 2010 Cannondale Hooligan 3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
The Brushless Wilderness Energy motor is almost identical to the Crystalyte 408 in performance.

As to these kits people are selling with the names like "journey" and "phoenix", they're not Crystalyte's own model designations, rather names for the special packages which are either coined by Crystalyte or possibly even the dealer itself. The journey motor isn't unique, it'll be one of the 4 series systems, likely a 408 (this is the most overwhelmingly common number for a typical 26" MTB)

When I look at this kit, it seems like its a Crystalyte package as it comes all together like that. Personally, I quite like those battery boxes that Crystalyte makes, so long as they properly fit in your frame they're a treat to have for convenience, and they're not nearly as ugly as some of the other ones, the black version looks quite fine.

I suppose its up to you, if you like the specs on the Journey package then go for it. It'll perform much in the same way your Wilderness kit would, but the journey package comes with a good battery chemistry and pedal assist as well. If you don't want all that though, might as well go with putting your own kit together to your own specs.