View Single Post
Old 01-02-08, 09:26 PM
Bikeforumuser0022

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I’m not a health practitioner; so don’t believe anything I or anybody else on the Interweb says.

I've experienced multiple breaks, including a few in one wrist. Research and experience have taught me the following.

I highly recommend seeing a naturopath, or at least an accredited and experienced natural health pro. Get practitioner grade supplements (brands sold in stores have low amounts and lots of fillers).

Zinc with the appropriate ratio of vitamin A.
Calcium/Magnesium in the proper ratio, preferably chelated for better absorption.
Vitamins E and C also help healing.

For pain relief and to speed healing, nothing beats the homeopathic arnica. I carry it in my saddlebag just in case. Great for bumps, bruises, breaks – even before a trip to the dentist.

Eat excessive amounts of green leafy vegetables for calcium. Get organic if possible, because green leafy vegetables are really good at absorbing pesticides.

Your doc isn't going to tell you this, and will probably laugh. I've never understood why docs are great at putting broken things together, but know so little of healing. They'd never expect their Mercedes to run if they pissed in the fuel tanks, but they think eating crap or eating well has no effect on human healing.

If your doc tells you to drink cow milk, you’ll know s/he doesn’t know. A cow has multiple stomachs. Cow milk is designed to make a calf grow 650 – 900 Kg (1500-2000 pounds for those stuck measuring in the last millennium). It is physiologically impossible for a human body (with 1 stomach) to get calcium out of cow milk. The calcium/magnesium ratio is wrong for humans. Humans who drink cow milk and don’t get other forms of calcium actually have to leach calcium from bone mass to process the excess calcium.

Good luck.

Last edited by Bikeforumuser0022; 01-03-08 at 12:50 AM.