Old 01-03-08, 06:21 PM
Tom Bombadil
His Brain is Gone!

Bikes: RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Illinois just passed a 3 foot minimum clearance law for cars passing cyclists. They did it because there is an average of 9 accidents a day where a bike & car collide, and 26 cyclists were killed there in the last year.

I think some of it is due to how people ride. If you are going to shoot through stop signs and red lights as if they are hardly there, and ride half-way out into the road or double-file around curves, then your odds of getting hit are going to be much higher than the safer cyclist.

And then some of it is due to very poor car & truck drivers, some of which rarely pay attention to bike riders.

I try to be very alert and respectful of cyclists, but still have the occasional close call due to how reckless many of them are around Madison.

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post

Last edited by Tom Bombadil; 01-03-08 at 06:27 PM.