View Single Post
Old 08-26-04, 12:39 PM
pletcgm

Bikes: 2002 Giant OCR 3, 2003 Giant OCR Elite, 2004 Giant TCR, 2004 Giant OCR Touring, 2003 Giant Iguana, 2004 Cannondale Ironman 800, 2005 Giant Trance 3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You all think that's bad, a friend of my was walking across the street and was hit by a minivan turning right. There were three brats in the van and the mother had turned around while turning right and didn't see him walking across. He had the walk sign at the time. She broke his right leg. That's not the only incident I have seen with vehicles loaded with kids.

I was almost hit by a school bus several years ago. I was walking across a cross walk and the school bus came flying through not even slowing down, while the other two lanes of cars had already stopped. I jumped back in the nick of time. I was so close to the bus, the wind from it almost pulled me into it. I took the bus number down and made sure I got the driver fired! I went to every school council meeting and brought this up until she was gone!

Buses are the worst with minivans second, SUVs third, and pickup trucks fourth! There are jsut too many distractions in the larger vehicles because they carry so many more passengers to distract the driver!