View Single Post
Old 01-05-08, 06:06 PM
specbill
Riding Heaven's Highwayson the grand tour

Bikes: '10 C'Dale Tandem RT2. '07 Trek Tandem T2000, '10 Epic Marathon MTB, '12 Rocky Mountain Element 950 MTB, '95 C'dale R900, "04 Giant DS 2 '07 Kona Jake the Snake, '95 Nishiki Backroads

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
+100 on another doctor, particularly a sports doc that understands what we are about. Some well meaning MD's can give some really bad advice...Get aggressive with the medical side until you get answers that makes sense to you!
Also, be patient with yourself and give plenty of time to heal, both are really important. Your deal really hits home hard... I thought I would never run and cycle again after a car accident caused multiple fractured and compressed vertebrae in my early 50's. I tried to come back a year after I thought I was healed and it was a crushing disaster. I pretty much gave up on both and went on to other things. Then 3 years later almost by accident I got a chance to ride again and everything came back even the running. I don't know you but I feel for you, I know it is a crap time.. but good things happen every day...and they sure can for you. Wishing you the very best.
Bill J.