Old 01-05-08, 10:02 PM
elemental

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jaguar27
I know this is an old thread, better late than ever...
I'm 5' 11" and ordered a Medium Caffeine 29'er a year ago (F29) and it seems to be perfect.
I'm a Roadie and although I've owned this Bike for almost exactly a year I've only taken it offroad twice, today was the second time and because we had so much rain last night the bike (and me) got covered in mud...
As I was doing my post-ride hose down and clean of the bike I noticed the rear tire has very little clearance with the Frame, there was a ton of mud stuck in there...has anyone else noticed this?
Maybe this isn't unusual for a 29'er?
I know zero about MTB's as you can probably tell.
I think I'm in your boat as well- standing about 5'11" and comfortable on a 56cm road bike, but my friend's 19" Specialized really feels huge and out of control (the fact that it really is a tank might have something to do with it). So 5'11" on a 17" isn't ridiculous? I'm really tempted to go that way on my mountain bike should I choose to accept (test ride may not be an option).

EDIT: Just looked at the Specialized size chart, and no wonder: A 62cm top tube is quite a lot longer than I'm used to. Not trying to hijack this thread, but does it make sense that I would want to stick somewhat close to the TT measurement for my road bike? Does a 17" ("Medium") sound about right for someone 5'11" who prefers a little less bike to throw around?

As with all of my MTB related posts, feel free to tell me I'm an idiot.

Last edited by elemental; 01-05-08 at 10:07 PM.