View Single Post
Old 01-09-08, 08:39 PM
poprad

Bikes: 07 Vanilla, 98 IRD road frame built up with 25th Ann DA, Surly cross check with 105 comp, 78 Raleigh Comp GS, 85 Centurionelli

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
'88-ish Raleigh "Pursuit" value?

Now that I have your attention...I know it's not a great one. I was asked to tune up/rebuild an old (88 or so) bike by a friend and he brought it in today. It's a Raleigh "pursuit" touring bike with low end Shimano components hung on it, dia compe brakes and 27 in wheels with house brand hubs. For what it is, it's in excellent condition, unfortunately it's a Taiwan model with the "502" tubeset. I don't want him to waste money replacing cables/saddle/pedals and brake shoes if the bike aint' worth the price of the parts...although if he gets a decent saddle and pedals he can take them with to his next ride.

Upshot; anyone able to give a ballpark on the value so he can make an educated decision on how much he'd want to spend? I figure this model is probably only worth $100 or so, but I'm no Raleigh expert. Thanks for the help...I was soooo disappointed it wasn't a Professional/Competition. I had cash in my wallet to offer him if it had been.