Old 01-09-08, 10:25 PM
Deanster04

Bikes: Cinelli Supercoursa 69, Ritchey Breakaway Cross, Mondonico Diamond Extra 05, Coors Light Greg Lemond (built by Scapin) 88, Scapin MTB, Stumpjumper 83, Specialized Stumpjumper M4, Lemond Poprad 2001

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by blonduathlongrl
Im new to winter riding and maintening my bike.
I live by the coast and sand and salt gets all over it.
I clean it with water after every ride, please add anything else i should be doing!

My chain just recently broke, it is only 3 months old and I had just finished lubing it, I try and lube every 200 miles..
am I the one who caused the chain to break by missing something I should be doing?

any tips would be appreciated!
I couldn't take my eyes off the 2 morons on the track...They probably aren't friends any more.

How did the chain break? If one of the pins let loose it may not have been inserted in the plate correctly. You might get a removeable link of some kind and this will allow you to remove the chain and give it a good cleaning periodically. Here in Colorado we pick up a lot of mud and grit. I spray off my bike after every ride then dry it. I will use WD-40 to displace the water then, add a little lube to the links.

After you wash your bike bounce it a couple of times then spray with WD.

Good luck