Old 08-30-04, 07:05 AM
sydney

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rykoala
Hey there all,

This is my first post to this subforum. I just picked up a $6 road bike at a garage sale across from my house ! Its a 10 speed, lugged steel frame. That in itself is worth it. I believe it has 27" wheels. The wheels say "ambrosio" and "made in italy" and that's it. The components say "Honey" or "horet" or "honet" or something like that. Not very readable. The label on the bike says "Maico" and "Black Shadow" and "Made in Austria". The cranks say "Aero" on them. Its a 52T main chainring. The cranks also say "geschmiedet - 170" which means in german "forged" and I am assuming 170mm lenth.

The components, while obviously ancient, seem to be in OK shape. The rear derailer needs some major attention with WD-40 and then some tri-flow. Its pretty gummed up, won't stretch the chain out. Also the chain is pretty shot but I'm going to try to revive it for now. New tires/tubes, chain, maybe a rear derailer (I have a couple of spare MTB derailers that should work until I get a good used one if need be) and this baby should be ready to ride.

A couple of other details: It has brake levers that you can access from the drop bars by either the top position or the drop position. The shifters are mounted on the headset, and are friction shifters.

Can anyone tell me anything about this bike?
It's junk.There were below bottom of the barrel frames that were lugged.