View Single Post
Old 01-13-08, 09:24 PM
grolby

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked 86 Times in 60 Posts
Okay, I'm in. Let's see what I've got...

A somewhat dated pic of my 2006 Surly Long Haul Trucker:

It currently has Tektro brake levers, Cane Creek SCR-5 cantis, black tape and different cranks, but that's pretty close.

And now here's a slightly dated pic of my 1987 (ish) Univega Gran Record:

And another one, for good measure:

Between now and those photos, it's been stolen and recovered (minus the lights and seat wedge), has had Kelly Take-Offs installed and is halfway through a new wheel build. Also, the saddle is level, these days. It never saw much use before I got my hands on it, but it has been my primary road ride since October 2006 and will remain so probably until at least mid-2009. It'll even be raced this year. No steel bike need be abandoned. At svelte 24 lbs in these photos, will probably be about 23 with the new wheels and tires.

I also have a 1965 Raleigh Sports... after a fashion. It's been combined, Frankenstein-like, with a fork from a 70's Centurion, and a pair of 27-inch wheels. Considerably lighter and uglier than it was originally, it's my around-town one-speeder - or at least it will be when I get fenders installed. No photos yet, which might be for the best. This thing has to be seen to be believed. But it's not the kind of thing you want to believe in.