roadgator
raodmaster shaman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hiwaga
Way off with my opinion?
Its my preference. Id rather ride with someone experienced with a brakeless fixed gear, than someone inexperienced, with a brake.

I never said anything about stopping power with a brake or without one.
If I did, I couldve stated that a front brake has more stopping power than a rear brake.

Maybe I shouldve been a bit more clear about what I was talking about.
You dont ride around a city playin hockey, do you?
Sorry, I think I mightve had my F1 on E that day.
Sorry, I left the horse at home.
If youre gonna be a smart ass, do it right.
If we were comparing VELO racing to F1, maybe.
Do you drive around wearing a racecar helmet? Do you have a safety harness in your car? A roll cage?
So when you go swimming, you wear a life vest?

Apparently you dont understand what Im getting at...
Most people riding a fixed gear bike on the street, arent "professionals," per say. We are talking about riding in the street, not on a track. So comparing whatever I said about riding with a helmet, to F1 racing, = no.
Im talking about kids who skateboard/roller blade, bmx for fun. But hey, they are those kids on Scarred, and who are shown in the OWNED compilation vids on the internet...

Next time you go to sleep, dont forget to sleep with a mouth piece in your mouth. Safety for your teeth when you sleep. Dentist recommended.

dude. have you ever taken a crash and landed on your un-helmeted head? IT SUCKS. you feel like sheet and are all irritable and groggy for a few days, and thats assuming (really hoping) you haven't done your noggin permanent irreversible damage.

Maybe you don't plan on using your brain to say make a living or have an enjoyable life, but if you cant at least acknowledge how simple a method of preventing something so terrible wearing a helmet is, you clearly have nothing to loose in not wearing one.

I still don't wear a helmet every time i get on the bike, but i know i should, and never make fun of someone else for wearing one.