nancy sv
family on bikes

Bikes: which one?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by CyKKlist

His mom freaked out when she found out how I resolved our situation. I should email her the link to this thread to show her that I'm not crazy at all -- I just know road angels when I see them.

Thanks to Nancy to starting this thread, which is a great reminder that the glass is indeed half-full, that the great majority of people in the world will do the right thing if given the opportunity.
I agree so much about how we just somehow "know" road angels. When we were on our trip, we hitched a lot, and I kind of felt guilty about setting that example for my boys - they thought hitching was perfectly safe. In fact, whenever we needed to hitch, I was the one to do it because it was so much easier for me, as a female, to get a ride than for John. And if I had the boys with me - it was a total cinch.

It all hit home on Halloween though. I took off with the kids to walk three miles into town to go trick or treating while John stayed in the tent out int he woods. The kids got tired after a little while, so I decided to hitch into town. Daryl looked at me and said, "Why do they have taxi's? I mean - it's so much cheaper to just hitch a ride. Who would ever pay for a taxi?"

I tried to explain that not all people are like the ones we had met, but in his experience, 100% of the people we had met were wonderful!