Old 01-19-08, 05:47 PM
Zero_Enigma

Bikes: MTB Peugoet Canyon (forgot the model), Nikishi? roadbike, MTB custom build,

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Saw a tough roadie in -14C temps going fast and downhills

Yup. Mad respects to that rider. I was already sapped of my heat while outside with the -14C with the windchill. Tonight is going to be -23C.

I saw the guy riding full speed while I was going the other direction because the mechanic forgot to put the oil stick back into the car. After I left the car dealership thought I'd go to www.bikedepot.com the store down the road but found out they're closed today because of some emergency or something. They had a sign posted on thier store window that any bike sub-$1000 CDN, helmet, lights, bell, and horn if I recall correctly you don't pay tax is what the sign said. That is a good step to help encourage more riders. I didn't have my camera on me else I'd take a photo. Of all the times. -.-; When I always have the camera with me sometimes I don't always need it but I still use it anyways but the times I don't carry it that's the time when something comes up. -.-;

Anyways, I left the www.bikedepot.com store and headed back the same way I came and saw the roadie after many blocks. He was riding full speed from what I could tell and about to take a (I guess) 45 degree hill. The hill is steep I know that. I was behind some cars as in front were slowing down and tryng to pass the rider. I saw the rider attack the downhill flying down full speed. As I was driving down the hill. The roadie was wearing what looks like thin clothes but I'm sure insulated (it's gotta be) with no flapping of fabric. Man that guys pretty hardcore in those temps with his induced double windchill.