bragi
bragi

Bikes: LHT

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by EGreen
I am not crazy about the pizza places that deliver in my part of town. There are some great pizzerias that I can easily and quickly get to by bike, but am not talented or creative enough to figure out how to safely get home with the box.

Is there any easy and removable adaptation to my bike (my utility/beater/commuter bike being a single speed 80's Motobecane) or a special technique I can employ? Mind you, I am in a dense urban area so hands free riding is not an option.

Any help on this would be much appreciated!
Are you dedicated to the idea of eating your pizza at home? I've tried bungie-ing the box to the rack a few times, with limited success (the toppings end up on the box lid, usually). I've tried riding home with one hand on the handle bars and one hand holding the box, with tragi-comic results (I survived the fall, the pizza did not). I've even tried putting individual slices into Tupperware containers before putting them into a pannier (stupidest idea ever conceived since the invasion of Iraq). What I do now is this: I ride to my favorite local pizza place, which does not deliver, I sit down, I enjoy my pizza with a few beers, and then I ride home. Except for the beer, it costs the same, the pizza is nice and hot, the toppings are where God intended them to be, and I don't have to worry about anything.