View Single Post
Old 01-26-08, 04:22 PM
Senior Member
va_cyclist's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ashland, VA
Posts: 1,345
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Your link is broken, but this one should work:

Two conductors for battery power, 18 gauge ought to be plenty -- ordinary lamp cord (120v, 10-20 amp) is 18 gauge. It's most likely stranded conductor. You don't often see solid conductor wire outside of telephone, coax, or digital applications. For ordinary AC or DC power, stranded is fine.

BTW, I think that's usually called "jacketed wire" or "jacketed cable".

Here's somebody on Ebay selling 18-gauge jacketed unshielded 2-conductor cable:

Last edited by va_cyclist; 01-26-08 at 04:32 PM.
va_cyclist is offline