View Single Post
Old 01-28-08, 07:44 PM
Michel Gagnon
Year-round cyclist

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I only used the trailer for cycling. The cheaper Chariot models are equally good and much cheaper than their top-of-the-line models, and unless you plan on riding offroad, the suspension is not needed. My Chariot (vintage 2000 if I remember correctly) is roughly similar to the Chariot Caddie and served us for roughly 8000 km of all-season riding, even in snow. It has been almost waterproof. Only problem: the plastic door becomes brittle at -15 or -20 C.

That being said, I have seen a couple of MEC trailers and they seem equally well built. The fabric might be a bit thinner so it would not last for 5-10 children and I have no idea how waterproof it is, but the frame is equally protective. Check the hitch to see how easy the trailer is attached to the bike. I give 10/10 to Chariot for its EZ-hitch and have no idea how this one fares.

In both cases, I have no idea how they work for walking or jogging nor how easily they convert from one mode to the other.

As far as I'm concerned, another great contender is [http://wike.ca]Wike trailers[/url].