Old 09-05-04, 08:22 AM
plain.jim
old, fat, lazy wannabe

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Where does an "Old Newbie" go?

I'm almost fifty, and I'm getting back to bicycles after not having been on one in more than a quarter of a century (see my introduction). Bicycles have changed in the intervening years (oh, boy, HOWDY!), as have I, and I'm looking for info on technique, setting a riding plan for myself, and generally not doing stuff that's going to wind up hurting me later (well, not too much, anyway).

Is there a place on this forum for "old newbies"? Maybe a "Returning to Riding" corner? When I was first getting into motorcycles a few years ago, I found a lot of information, but not a clearinghouse for it, so I set up my website, MotorcycleBeginners.Com. Initially, it was a collection of links to stuff that already existed other places on the web, although since then I've written a few articles when I couldn't find decent info elsewhere. (I'm also the host of the "Motorcycling for Beginners" forum on About.Com. I've got a soft spot in my heart for beginners.)

If such a corner exists, and I've completely missed it, feel free to flame away; I can be completely dunderheaded at times. (My wife informs me that the only time I can be relied on NOT to be a dunderhead is when I'm asleep.) Pax vobiscum, youse-all.