View Single Post
Old 01-29-08, 10:48 PM
UmneyDurak
RacingBear

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Sounds tasty. I think I'll try this. Although I think I also add rice.
Originally Posted by cristina View Post
make sure you get enough protein and calcium. i get my proteins through beans and peanut butter, and i'm a lacto-ovo vegetarian so i still eat milk and cheese.

my fav recipe for black bean burritos that i make all the time:

1 green pepper, chopped into cubes
1/2 white or yellow onion, diced
salt
black pepper
garlic powder
1 can black beans, drained
1 tomato, diced
1/2 jalapeno, minced
ground cumin - KEY INGREDIENT!!!
tortillas
grated cheddar cheese
salsa

warm pan on stove @ medium heat. use a small amount of extra virgin olive oil, just enough to coat the pan. when pan is warm, throw in green peppers and onions. sprinkle w/ salt, black pepper, and garlic powder and stir. cook for a few minutes, but don't let green peppers get too soggy as they will soften up later.

lower heat a little. add black beans. stir toss stir. after a few minutes add tomatoes and jalapenos. stir them in. get out your ground cumin. sprinkle cumin thoroughly, stir in, let cook. mix should be bubbling a little but not boiling. let it continue to cook for about five minutes, adding cumin once in a while. the more cumin the better, i love the stuff so much i often add it three or four times to get the right amount going.

when mix looks good and cooked, remove from heat and get your tortillas ready. sprinkle grated cheese on tortilla, scoop mix onto tortilla and wrap like burrito. zap in microwave for 30 seconds to get the cheese good and melted. add salsa on top or next to burrito for flavor. enjoy!