View Single Post
Old 01-30-08, 01:04 PM
wahoonc
Membership Not Required

Bikes: Giant Excursion, Raleigh Sports, Raleigh R.S.W. Compact, Motobecane? and about 20 more! OMG

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by cmcanulty
I know the Brompton know folds small but have you been able to find a suitcase that fits it for flying? The reason I ask is because it folds rather square and all the suitcases I see even the huge ones might be 29-31 inches on one side but the other side is only 20 or 21". I know Brompton sells one but it is $350 which is ridiculous,
I haven't located a substitute suitcase (try and say that three times quickly), but I haven't been looking very hard. Todd, of Clever Cycles fame, suggests gate checking them; he tells people it is an "adult inline wheelchair" Others have checked theirs using the soft sided bag and have reported no problems. Most of my up coming travel is via car, truck, van or Amtrak, so the hard side is not a requirement at this point.

Aaron

ISO: A late 1980's Giant Iguana MTB frameset (or complete bike) 23" Red with yellow graphics.

"Cycling should be a way of life, not a hobby.
RIDE, YOU FOOL, RIDE!"
_Nicodemus

"Steel: nearly a thousand years of metallurgical development
Aluminum: barely a hundred
Which one would you rather have under your butt at 30mph?"
_krazygluon