View Single Post
Old 01-30-08, 04:38 PM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Retro Grouch
If you've found a saddle that you like, buy a spare whenever you get the opportunity because when yours dies (and it will some day) that exact model won't be available anymore.
I just wish I had done that on the Tandem. Tandems do require a different type of saddle for me and I bought a Selle Trans Am. It worked- but unfortunately the pilot likes it aswell. He is bigger than me so he got it. Took a long time to find another Trans Am and I got it- It is comfy- but it is the female form- but I don't let other riders know this very often.

There are a few notable saddles around that are used by the "Experienced Riders" and you don't see them in the shops very often. Rolls are one of those names and if your butt fits a Rolls- Then it is good. I tried one and it was great- Went to the shop to get one and the material had changed- and the padding and the shape. The one I bought was either a Copy- or they have changed the style over the years. So if a saddle fits- give it a good run then get a spare.

Spike Milligan