reckon
Banned.

Bikes: 1979 motobecane fixed, 2002 GT LTS-3 street stomper

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by San Rensho
Even if they chop it up, at least another vintage bike is on the road for all to see, albeit in fixie form rather than its original condition. I think fixie riders keep old bikes alive and should be commended for it.

The alternative is that the vintage bike will rot in a garage somewhere or be thrown in the trash, since most roadies are so OCP obsessed they will only ride something made out of carban fibre made in the last 5 years. They wouldn't be caught dead on a vintage bike.
thats what I was thinkin'

better modified and RIDDEN,...than left intact, and sitting in a garage, or worse: side of the house, or backyard rotting away slowly.

my 70's motobecane was sitting in a garage for 25 years before I bought it from the guy, and converted to a fixed gear (I'm 49 years old btw, and can spin with the youngsters, NP )

I'd have a problem if someone wanted to make a stretch front end chopper out of a BROUGH SUPERIOR, but I think the "fixie conversion" is a viable way to keep the vintage steel ROLLING,...not holding up a garage wall.

-out riding-