View Single Post
Old 02-02-08, 11:36 AM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
You have just made my day. I have a couple of good road bikes and the offroad Tandem and a Mountain bike that works superbly for me-----------BUT----------As the OCR is going- I still need a beater bike to run around on. I have been trying to put it at the back of my mind and the bottom of the List but you have just awoken the stirrings that are just sitting there. Last week I went to the LBS and the mechanic has a Cervelo frame. he bought it a couple of years ago and it has not done more than 20 hours running. He has offered to build it up for me at a price that could not be refused. Thought about it and said I'll give it time. Purposely did not go to the LBS today as it is still on my mind that here is yet another top rate frame just dying to get assembled into a decent ride.

So I'll give it till next week- and go in. If the frame is still there- I'll be getting another bike that will be too good to be a beater.

Spike Milligan