View Single Post
Old 02-03-08, 12:31 PM
staehpj1

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1251 Post(s)
Liked 753 Times in 560 Posts
Originally Posted by airbrake
staehpi1, how did your surgery go? I go in the 11th for the cuttin n grindin. I had a mri and arthrogram last week. It was funny, you know how your mind starts working, believing maybe it's not that bad, etc etc. Well when he got me on that table and started reefing my shoulder around I became a believer again
It went great. I was doing very easy range of motion stuff a couple days after surgery and slowly added to the routine as time went on. I am now 3 -1/2 weeks post op and feel great. I have good range of motion back and the strength is pretty good too at least for the amount of time it has been. I still get an ache at night (toward morning) from laying down too long. If I get up and moving it goes away.

I have been back on the bike for two days now. I did 13 miles yesterday to see how I felt. I had no pain during or after, and felt better this morning than I have been, so I rode again today, 25 miles this time. I am still avoiding standing to climb as it seems like it stresses the shoulder more than I think it is ready for.