View Single Post
Old 02-04-08, 06:26 AM
ang1sgt

Bikes: 88 Fisher Gemini tandem, 92 Trek 970, 07 Nashbar Frame, 08 Gary Fisher Paragon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I resigned myself to the fact that I will always be a Clyde or a near Clyde due to my body's shape and that I am truly a Big Boned guy.

This past November I thought I had a Heart "incident" and after the battery of tests to find out nothing, the most interesting thing was talking to the one Cardiologist after telling him one of the Nurses thought she heard a heart murmur. He explained to me that I have a true Barrel Chest and the murmur was actually an echo of my heartbeat. He then explained to me that the next test I would have would be the stress test with the Echo Cardiogram. He told me the Technologist would have a hard time with dialing the machine in and that he would have to make adjustments to make the picture look clear enough. And darn it, the Doctor right on the mark about that!

My Bicycle that got me back on the streets and trails I nicknamed "Clyde" when I was building up the frame. That bicycle has taken me to some nice spots and I feel so good on that bike. We've had our ups and downs, or spills and our thrills together. This bike also led me back into a shop working Part-Time again. I try and be the voice of the Clyde's and Athena's and I think for the most part we do a good job at our shop. It does help that the owner is nearly the same physical size as I am, only about 30 lbs smaller than I am. I see how he rides, and how explosive he is on a bike and sometimes wish I had his power and strength. I know, I know... I'm working on it!

Chris