Old 02-04-08, 12:03 PM
Blanchje

Bikes: GT Carbon Grade, Jamis Nova Pro, Giant Sedona

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Another FNG n00b

Great, another old man going through his mid-life crisis and wanting to be a bike rider you say? Nope. The motorcycle took care of that I am old(ish) as 50 is bearing down like a freight train but really I've loved riding a bike since I was 5 years old. For the past 20 years or so it's been my mainstay means of warm weather fitness in part because as much as I enjoy riding I hate to run. Hate hate hate... Anyway, my riding for years has mostly been around home on a mixture of paved and gravel roads and in the 10-12 mile range for rides. Last summer I started looking to challenge myself a little more and began pushing myself with distance. I did a 20 mile ride which was a record for me and really changed my mindset. By summers end I'd pushed my best to 45 miles. That got me thinking that I'd like to push the distance envelope more but riding a bike where I sit upright and catch the wind like a sail and with wide tires it might be time to think about a real road bike. So here I am. Mostly to learn. Hopefully to contribute a little and particularly hopeful to have a little fun.

Jeff