Old 02-09-08, 12:33 PM
tbkahouna

Bikes: Cannondale, Gazelle Medeo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Boudicca
Arizona week after next, Vermont (probably) in June and Route Verte (possibly) in September, and always looking for more.

So...

If you have any maps or route/contact information on Route Verte, Hockey, I'd love some details. I have not started researching it all yet -- I'm aiming at motels rather than hotels. Is this an option, as far as you know?
The Route Verte web site (http://www.routeverte.com/rv/ang/index.lasso) identifies B&B's, motels and hotels that have obtained the "Bienvenue Cyclistes" (Welcome Cyclists) accreditation. These installations have made a commitment to meet cyclist needs while on travel. So, to answer your question, this is definitely an option. Also, the Route Verte creates a provincial infrastrucutre into which a large number of regional and city bike networks connect. This creates a very cyclist friendly environmnent that has to be experienced at least once. On top of that, many regions have developed a complementary road-based bike network. Maps are available in each Region. When you have a better idea of the regions you would be interested to visit, let me know. I can help steer you to resources like bike route maps that will help make your trip more enjoyable and make some specific recommendations on itineraries. Alternately, you can contact Vélo-Québec (http://www.velo.qc.ca/english/index.php). They can help you as well.

Also, my girlfriend and I are launching a new cycling vacation product this coming May in Quebec, which will integrate the Route Verte. One of the advantages is that you eat and sleep on a ship, rather than have to relocate your baggage every day, either by moving it around with you on your bike or having a transfer vehicle do it for you. Check us out in the Advertised Services section in the Forum.

Cheers,
Ron